In part 2 of today’s topic, we are going to continue to submerge ourselves in the idea of regulating emotions. Today, we are going to focus specifically on emotion regulation in an everyday way to handle our emotions. Last week we explored 10 different emotions and the urges that may come along with those emotions. Let’s talk about a process to follow to give us guidance on acting on our emotions. Make sure you stick around for the end, I’m going to show you a special breathing technique!
Sometimes you just need to take a step back and ask yourself, “does this emotion fit the facts of the situation.”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How to find out if the emotion you are feeling fits the facts of the situation
- When it is right to feel fear
- When acting on fear is going to be effective
- How you can solve your problem of fear or another emotion
- What you should do if the emotion doesn’t fit the facts
- What is opposite action?
- In what scenario should you approach the situation that is causing your emotion
- In what situation is anger justifiable
- What is a pursed lip breathing exercise?
- Why cats purr
- How breathing affects you and your body
I wish you nothing but success!