Today we’re going to be doing something little bit different. As you may have heard in Episode 1, I believe that self-compassion is an important part of us being comfortable with ourselves and is the first step to making changes in our lives.
Today, I invite you to join me to sit and participate in a loving kindness meditation. I heard from many people that sitting for a formal meditation is difficult for them, so I thought I might walk you through the steps.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What is a loving kindness meditation
- Where this meditation originates from
- What the loving kindness meditation about
- What is the goal for this meditation
- What is your heart-center
- What posture you should use when meditating
- How you should breath when meditating
- What to recite about yourself and others
- What to visualize when you are relaxing and meditating
Thank you so much for joining me today and participating in this loving kindness meditation. Anytime that you feel necessary please come back and meditate with me again. I look forward to hearing from you soon!